Tuesday, January 25, 2011

About me

Hi,

My name is Tsanjui. I am from Taiwan. I am doing my doctoral study in the program of Instructional Technology and Media for the second year. If you find my Chinese name hard to pronounce, welcome to just call me Richard. Thanks!

What made me interested in this course?
Online schooling is a fancy idea which may drastically transform the way people used to teach and learn. However, there also seems to be a great deal of challenges that need to be overcome and carefully grappled with in order to make online schooling really successful and effective. I take this course in hopes of getting to know some of the successful cases of online schooling and understand the underlying factors that make the online schooling prosperous.

Experience with online learning:
The experience I have with online learning is mostly in a blended context in which we still have face to face class sessions, but just use some technologies, such as blog, class web, and discussion forum, to enhance the learning process. As a matter of fact, this course is the very first class I have ever taken which is totally "online."

4 comments:

  1. Hi Richard,
    I think we took Dr. Kinzer's class together last semester, right?

    Well, I thought I would re-introduce myself to you because our introductions in that class were so brief and so early in the semester.

    I too am interested in the way online learning can be effective. Last semester I looked into one aspect, social presence in online learning, that can negatively affect the experience (although not the outcomes). I'm looking forward learning more about other aspects of effectiveness for online learning as well.

    Anyway, nice to meet you (again) in the virtual world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deepa,

    Thank you for your message. Yeah, it's nice to take the same class with you again. ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Richard,

    I'm from Taiwan too :) I identified with the reasons you are taking this class and in addition, i am very much interested in online learning as a means of increasing equity between educational communities. everyone uses social media, so educational tools and media should be similarly accessible and user friendly.

    Looking forward to some great discussions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tiffany,

    Thanks for your message. Sorry, I am too mindless to watch out for people's messages on my blog.

    I think we sure have experienced a some great discussions so far in this class!

    ReplyDelete