Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Week 3 Reflection

After learning about online schools for 3 weeks, I think I am getting more and more interested in knowing about students' experiences with online learning, and from teachers' perspective, how online courses are designed and conducted. I think online learning does provide students a different and valuable opportunity to learn some subjects which they may not otherwise be able to access in the traditional face-to-face environment. But, I am also wondering that if students will feel lonely to learn online. Especially for middle school and high school students, learning with peers, seeing, and playing with each other every day at school seem to be a very important part of their lives, and it could be beneficial for their development. But, will these precious human contact experiences be sacrificed because of online learning?

I would like to teach online, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment