My TPI results showed that the most dominant perspective of mine towards teaching is transmission. That means I will think effective teaching requires substantial amount of commitment to the content and subject matter. It’s true! I do think although teachers’ tasks are multifaceted, the most important job for a good teacher is to have a strong knowledge of the subject matter and communicate clearly to let students understand the content.
For me, I used to be a language instructor. So, the most important job of mine is to help students capture and master the language. Although sometimes through the teaching of a new language, I will also convey the values of a different culture. I believe that will somehow affect the way my students see the world, change their perspectives toward themselves or other people. However, I think after all I am still a language teacher. I am not a philosopher. What I need to focus the most in my job is to teach the language well. Changing students’ values, perspectives, and their world views, though important, is not the core of what I should do.
No comments:
Post a Comment